Homemade Lamb Burger
Beef burgers are great, but every once in a while you might want something different to throw on the grill. Try this lamb burger: meaty and juicy, with loads of aromatic spices, and topped with grilled veggies. An EASY burger to make, and guests rave over this one! If you don’t see ground lamb in the meat case, ask your butcher to grind some for you. Allow three to four of these tiny burgers for each person.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 3 teaspoon mixed spices from the butcher
- 4 burger buns or ciabatta bread cut in half
- Combine all of the ingredients (coriander, red onion, herbs from the local butcher) and mix until evenly incorporated. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium . Once the grill is hot, cook the burgers about 10 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear and the patties are firm to the touch.
- Place the lamb burgers on the buns, top with some grilled veggies and serve!