A new year means a fresh start not just for burning off all of those holiday calories, but it’s also the perfect time to revamp your home. Pantone Color Institute has just announced Classic blue as a Color of the Year for 2020. Instilling calm, confidence, and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era.
I can imagine that it might be a hustle to change up the colour of your walls but changing out a lamp, pendant or chandelier can have a dramatic effect on the look and feel of any room in beautiful contemporary shapes and materials in lighting.
Find here 5 x trending Design Lamps of various shapes and sizes.
1. The FLOS IC light designed by Michael Anastassiades is the most classical and timeless piece you might want to invest in. Radiant light, delicate balance: Like the other pieces in his IC Light Series, the IC Lights F floor lamp showcases designer Michael Anastassiades’ love of industrial simplicity as well as his profound technical skill.
2. Ferm Living Collect Dome Zwart Low Hanglamp. This classically domeshaped lampshade is designed to be a primary light source over your dining table or in a cosy reading nook. Directing and focusing the light where you want it, this large and decorative shade is crafted in powder coated metal with a light-reflecting white interior. The lampshade is compatible with all socket pendants from the Collect Lighting series.
3. The Onfale Tavolo Medio Table Lamp from Artemide stands at 34.5cm tall and has a shade diameter of 28cm, making it a compact option for any space. This piece has a unique resemblance to the shape of a mushroom and is made from mouth-blown Murano glass. Along with its carefully crafted design made to illuminate any room, this lamp also offers light directed in all directions through its glass shade. In true Vistosi style, the innovative approach of this design offers an eclectic feel to contemporary table lighting.
4. &TRADITION Flowerpot VP1 is a design classic from 1968, created by Verner Panton. The joyful, round lamp was inspired by peace, love and age of Flower Power, and it became a true design icon soon after its launch. The silhouette of Flowerpot VP1 is created by two hemispheres, which let the light reflect down in a soft, pleasant manner. Thanks to its simplistic and compact design with a 23 cm diameter, Flowerpot fits easily to any room of the house. The lamp is available in bright and restrained colours with a shiny or matte finish.
5. VERTIGO is in the words of its designer, a “den lamp”. It is simultaneously ethereal and graphic, adapting to both large and small spaces where it creates its own intimate space. With its ultra light fiberglass structure, stretched with velvety polyurethane ribbons, this pendant lamp fascinates as it comes to life swaying in the soft air currents that surround it.