HAY was founded in 2002 with the ambition to create contemporary furniture that uses sophisticated industrial manufacturing to satisfy the needs of modern living. Today, this fundamental goal remains their mission: through our commitment to the design and production of furniture, lighting and accessories with an international appeal, they strive to make good design accessible to the largest possible audience.
Inspired by the stable structures of architecture and the dynamics of fashion, HAY combines the values of both industries in durable, quality products that provide added value for the user. HAY’s continued vision is to create straightforward, functional and aesthetic design in cooperation with some of the world’s most talented, curious and courageous designers. This has resulted in many fruitful collaborations, and in 2018, HAY joined forces with American furniture company Herman Miller to deliver excellent design to a wide variety of customers and contexts.
Find here the top 5 must-have items
1. HAY’S Soft Ice Series from HAY Studio is made in marbled enamelled steel that can withstand hot and cold temperatures. The collection includes bowls, dishes and plates in different colour options.
2. Strap mirror – based on the concept that restraint is best, Strap Mirror has kept the design stripped to a clean, circular shape. Strap features a groove around the edge to contain a sturdy rubber strap that is used to mount the mirror on the wall. With its functional and minimalistic design, Strap Mirror is perfect for hanging in bedrooms and halls and not suitable for wet rooms.
3. Metal Tray Table is a multi-functional piece of furniture that can easily be adapted to fit your needs. When the tray top is in place, it can be used as a bedside table or coffee table, and when the tray top is removed, it becomes a regular tray that can be used to carry items.
4. Hay Folke Pålsson’s J77 dining chair (HAY stoelen) has a wide seat and curved spindle back for optimal comfort, while the slightly conical legs create extra stability. HAY’s relaunched version is crafted in solid beech with a natural finish or a variety of coloured finishes.
5. Hay slit round table is a geometric steel side table inspired by paper origami techniques. The slim frame appears folded beneath the tabletop, creating a simple yet sculptural form that is reminiscent of traditional Japanese paper art. The Slit Table is available in a selection of different shapes and sizes and is offered in a variety of contemporary colours and finishes. Compact and versatile, it can be used on its own or arranged in clusters in diverse private or public settings.