5 Tips to beat the smartphone addiction!
How to beat your smartphone addiction
The smartphone/ipad/laptop addiction
I have always wanted to be one of those women who jump out of bed and into a pair of running shoes at 7 a.m. What an amazing feeling: to stroll into work after a three-mile jog, Bikram yoga class, or series of Kayla itsines workout. Too bad that I’m already distracted with my phone in the morning. We all have become so dependent on our smartphones today that it makes me wonder – can we live without them for any length of time? Must we always eat and sleep with them by our sides? It is amazing how we’ve become so attached. I can’t just do without checking something on it. When watching Tv, I still get a reason to check for something. I’m picking on the iPhone right now, but it could be any device, like a laptop and an iPad. For me, it is always my iPhone.
There are simple indicators that you are a smartphone addict: You can’t go five minutes without checking your inbox.You have more than five email accounts. You respond to your Whatsapp messages in the middle of the night. When your inbox says, “no new messages,” you hit the refresh button just to make sure….
1. Don’t use your phone as an alarm clock. Set a real alarm, otherwise you will role outward to check your phone. Don’t check email first thing in the morning. It can wait until you get to work.
2. Do all your email checking at one time for example at 10.00 AM. and at 2.00 PM. Don’t not give it undivided attention as it is totally crazy to check your email every single minute.
3. No devices at meals. Period.
4. Stop checking your phone after 8 pm. Be relaxed and watch a movie or do something fun instead!
5. Balance is the keyword. Everything entertainment wise is so easy, you don’t need to move, to a ‘social engagement’ of sorts. This can be dangerous, and can end up putting technology before people! Technology is important, and I feel it is an important part of our work – whether we like it or not. It is important we master our technology, and not let it become master of us!